|Season 1, Episode 8|
Opportunity Knocks! is the 8th episode of The Raccoons.
- The Pigs
- Sophia (mentioned)
- This episode shows Melissa's hobby, which is photography.
- This episode is the first of three episodes where Bert, Melissa, and Ralph are seen as kids or kits (but, in Melissa's memories).
- Bert expresses his dislike for the city.
- This is the episode in which the gang start the Evergreen Standard which is set in the shed seen from Buried Treasure!. Ralph is the editor, Melissa is the photographer, and Bert is the reporter (he also delivers the paper).
- Dan reveals that he originally wanted this move for Tommy and Julie, for better education, and also to see his sister.
- Cedric notes that Cyril evicted Cedric's grandmother (which we don't know if it's Cyril's mother or his late wife's mother).
- A flashback reveals that Ralph, Melissa and Bert have known each other since they were little raccoon kits or kids, (the latter two having known each other before Ralph had).
- The fox (that Melissa takes a picture of) looks slightly like the Adult Tod from the 1981 animated Disney film, The Fox and the Hound or Swift from the BRB International animated TV show, David el Gnomo (translated to English as David the Gnome).
- When Cedric reads the comic book, the characters in the comic book are very similar to the Cartoon Network TV show Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- Among the animals that read the Evergreen Standard about Cyril's latest "take over the Evergreen Forest" scheme are the following - a family of rabbits, a beaver, a family of owls, a mountain goat, a turtle with two fish, a porcupine, a skunk with a chipmunk and squirrel, two birds, even bugs (nearly all who live in the Evergreen Forest)! Now Cyril has made it his mission to try and destroy the Evergreen Standard.
- Though she does not appear in this episode, Sophia is mentioned and is credited by mistake.
- This episode is based on the formation of Hinton Animation Studios in 1986, who would animate for the remainder of the series beginning with season 2.
- Also when Melissa spots Cyril in the forest, he is heard saying 'Speed it up, this isn't a garden party', he said the same phrase in The Christmas Raccoons.
- The episode is suggested to take place in October, and Cyril's birthday is suggested to be on October the 13th. But in the episode, "Gold Rush!" that came a couple of episodes later on Season 1 also, the calendar is shown again, with Friday the 13th circled, and it wasn't mentioned as Cyril's birthday.
(Cedric tells Cyril that Ralph, Schaeffer and Broo are leaving the forest, and Cyril gleefully rushes back to his office and looks at a calendar)
- Cyril: No, no, April Fools' Day isn't for another six months!
- Cedric: I haven't seen pop this happy since he evicted Grandma!
- Melissa: It's my prints!
- Bert: Tell him if the glass slipper's too big, he can borrow my hockey socks!
- Cyril: I am off to see the publisher of this rag!
(he remembers there are protesters outside his house)
- Cyril: By the back door!
- Cyril: (About the Standard) Cut the banter, bandit face! Who's responsible for this?!
- Ralph: I am!
- Melissa: I am!
- Bert: Uh-uh-uh, they are!
- Cedric: Pop! You subscribed to the Evergreen Standard?
- Cyril: Of course! It's a daily pleasure I wouldn't miss!
- Pig Two: Which section would you like today sir?
- Cyril: Well, let's start with 'Ask Bert'! (he tears the page out, throws it on the fire and laughs; Pig Two joins in laughing)
- Main article: Opportunity Knocks!/Gallery
- Main article: Opportunity Knocks!/Credits