|Season 3, Episode 7|
|Previous||Mom's the Word!|
|Next||Strictly by the Book!|
Picture Perfect! is the 28th episode of The Raccoons.
When Melissa manages to get some photos of Snag saving Cedric from a fire, she is offered a job for World Times Magazine. Word of Snag's heroics also gets out to a TV producer, and he gets a chance to become the star of a television show.
Melissa, already a prolific photojournalist, recieves recognition from big city magazine editor, John Roykick, and considers taking an offer with that publication. Meanwhile, she is honored for her attainments locally while Snag also becomes a television star. In any case, Snag realizes that perhaps stardom isn't so fun after all and flees from Mr. Barnes, thus jeopardizing Cyril's huge contract. As for Bert and Ralph, they begin to lament what for all intents and purposes, will be life without Melissa.
Finally, Melissa and Roykirk clash and she elects to remain in the Evergreen Forest where she is still appreciated, but doesn't have to compromise her standards.
- Mr. Barnes
- The Bears
- John Roykirk
- Lady Baden-Baden
- The Pigs
- First and only appearances of Mr. Barnes (voiced by Nick Nichols) and John Roykirk (voiced by Len Carlson) respectively.
- Apparently, Snag needs to be bribed in order to do tricks.
- Cyril says that his great-grandfather was in vaudeville "before TV ruined everything".
- This episode marks the last of two times a character speaks over the ending credits. In this case we hear Cyril speaking to Barnes about how he's come to realize he likes having Snag home with him again.
- Stock footage from "Surprise Attack" and "Opportunity Knocks!" is used.
- Bert: What's it gonna be? Peanut butter pancakes or peanut butter waffles?
- Ralph: Pancakes, please. Oh and hold the peanut butter.
- Bert: Hold the peanut butter? Sheesh! Some people have no taste!
(Bert turns the page of the book and sighs)
- Ralph: Wow! Melissa would love... this story.
- Bert: You could clip it out and save it for. She'll be back soon. I guess.
(Melissa opens the door)
- Ralph: Melissa!
- Bert: Wha-?! What are you doing here?!
- Melissa: I got fired for my first assignment! Isn't that wonderful?
- Ralph: Oh... I'm sorry, Melissa.
- Melissa: Well, I'm not. Something happened to make me realize I'm the one who has to make my own decisions. I knew you all meant well. But you were putting all your hopes on me for getting what I might want. And I've decided I know what I want... for now.
- Ralph: What's that, Melissa?
- Melissa: I want... one of Bert's peanut butter sandwich specials, and a nice hot cup of tea!
- Bert: (laughs) One special, comin' up!
- Ralph: I should've listened to you, Melissa. I'm sorry. Boy, am I glad you're back!
- Bert: Yeah, me too, Melissa. You're the only one who appreciates my cooking.
- Melissa: Oh, Bert!
(Bert, Melissa, and Ralph laughing)
- Narrator: Success and happiness are two things that people sometimes spend a long time looking for. They might find it at some far off part of the world. And then again, they might find it in their own backyard.
- Main article: Picture Perfect!/Gallery
- Main article: Picture Perfect!/Credits