|Read No Evil!|
|Season 2, Episode 8|
Read No Evil! is the 19th episode of The Raccoons.
Premise[edit | edit source]
After a close call in Beaver Bite Swamp, Bert and Cedric meet Herman, and learn the swamp may have oil under it. This grabs Cyril's attention, and he tries to buy the swamp out from underneath Herman by 5:00 PM on Tuesday. To further complicate matters, Herman can't read. Can the swamp be saved?
Plot[edit | edit source]
The swamp inhabitated by Herman apparently is home to a vast oil reserve, so naturally Cyril wants it as a deal with Mr. Mammoth. He is poised and primed to pounce on the swamp as even though Herman owns the land, he can't read the deed which proves it. But finally, Herman retains the swampland, while Cyril is foiled once again.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Mammoth (mumbling voice only)
- The Pigs
Song[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the only appearance of Herman Zechariah Stroll, voiced by Marvin Goldhar.
- Cyril quotes The Beverly Hillbillies theme song, "Black gold, Texas tea".
- Michael Magee is credited as Snag who doesn't appear.
- Carl Banas and Bob Dermer are credited as the Bears, who don't appear.
- Sharon Lewis is credited as Sophia who doesn't appear.
- This episode marks the first of two times a character speaks over the ending credits. In this case we hear Cyril speaking to Mammoth about returning the oil rigs. We also hear Lloyd (Pig One) speak as Cyril asks him to read the small print about returning the oil rigs, and Cyril isn't happy when he can't return it.
- The title of this episode is obviously a reference to "Hear No Evil, See No Evil and Speak No Evil".
Quote[edit | edit source]
- Cyril: Oil! Black gold! Texas tea! Barrels and barrels of beautiful crude! I'll be rich! I mean, richer!
- Cyril: Mammoth? You know all those refineries and tankers I ordered? I wanna return it all! And I want to return all those oil rigs too! ...What do you mean I can't return it? Brand new, never been used! Did I read the small print? Of course I read the small print! Quick, read the small print!
- Pig One: I think you should read it, sir! It says right here, all sales final!
- Cyril: WHAT?! Oh no, Mammoth, there's nothing to worry about... none at all... AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Read No Evil!/Gallery
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Read No Evil!/Credits