|Search and Rescue!|
|Season 4, Episode 5|
|Previous||A Catered Affair!|
Search and Rescue! is the 39th episode of The Raccoons.
Premise[edit | edit source]
Bert and Cedric go exploring on Jack Pine Island to find a fallen meteorite, but they don't tell anyone where they're going, and get stranded. Soon everyone else is desperately scouring the forest, and consulting Lady Baden-Baden's astrology, to find them. Meanwhile, the Pigs use some astrology of their own in attempt to get a raise out of the boss, only to have him take a plunge in Banana sales.
Plot[edit | edit source]
One of the major tenants of exploring is telling loved ones where you're going and when you plan to return. Nevertheless, Bert and Cedric omit this vital principle and keep everyone wondering where they are. Lady Baden-Baden, being an astrology proponent, uses her methods to try to divine where they are.
While Lady Baden-Baden's astrology is deemed to be somewhat inefficient, the Pigs try some necromancy of their own, but not withstanding everyone's efforts, Bert, Cedric and Broo remain lost. Finally, our gallant heroes are rescued although the Pigs' sorceries backfire on them as they're forced to eat all the bananas that they convinced Cyril to invest in.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Mr. Knox
- Lady Baden-Baden
- Sir Malcolm Havelock (silent cameo)
- Lady Penelope Banyos (mentioned)
- The Pigs
- Schaeffer (silent cameo)
- Professor Smedley-Smythe
Songs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Companion Ship, which was lost in the falls in "Paperback Hero!", returns in this episode.
- In the scene where Lady Baden Baden prepares to organize the search and rescue teams for Bert and Cedric, we can see Sir Malcolm Havelock from "Paperback Hero!" and the Opera Singer from "A Catered Affair!" among the guests.
- This is the fourth episode animated by Greg Bailey.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Pig Two: Knox uses astrology to foresee the future!
- Cyril: Well you three won't have one if you don't start talking sense.
- Pig One: We'll do better than that sir! We'll talk dollars and cents!
- Cyril: Bananas it is then! Buy boatloads, buy plantations, buy republics! Go bananas buying bananas boys! Hehe, that's a good one. Write that down.
- Lady Baden-Baden: Cedric's horoscope says to rise above his problems. And according to Bert's horoscope, he might find himself in a high place!
- Cyril: You mean the mountains?
- Lady Baden-Baden: Yes.
- Ralph: I don't put much stalk in horoscopes Lady Baden-Baden, but I suppose it's as good place as any to start looking.
- Lady Baden-Baden: The stars never lie! Just ask Knoxie.
- Mr Knox Well, er...
- Mr Knox: I don't think consulting the charts will do any good my sweet.
- Lady Baden-Baden: But Knoxie, you've always depended on my charts to guide you.
- Mr Knox: Well my dear, you see I always made my own business descisions. I couldn't hurt your feelings by telling you that.
- Cyril: Hmm... how interesting. Wonderful. My son's been out there all night while we've been looking in the wrong place.
- Lady Baden-Baden: Oh Cyril! I thought... I thought I was helping.
- Ralph: No one's blaming you Lady Baden-Baden. The mountains were as good a place to look as any. But where do we look for Bert and Cedric now? It's a big forest out there.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Search and Rescue!/Gallery
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Search and Rescue!/Credits