|Season 4, Episode 1|
|Previous||Games People Play!|
|Next||The Sky's the Limit!|
Second Chance! is the 35th episode of The Raccoons.
Premise[edit | edit source]
Plot[edit | edit source]
Little do the denizens of the Evergreen Forest know, but Cyril was once a prolific saxophone player. This is revealed when Woodchuck Berry returns to the forest to perform at the opening of the Blue Spruce Cafe in an event which Bert markets extensively.
Unbeknownst to Cyril and everyone else is the Pigs' plan to ink Woody to perform at a sleazy dive, Rico's Roseroom, instead of the Blue Spruce Cafe. Of course, Bert catches wind of this before it's too late and attempts to inform Cyril about the matter. Finally, Cyril and Bert manage to get Woody to the Blue Spruce Cafe, although Woody ensures that Cyril get up and perform by fighting stage fright. In any case, we see that Cyril has just as much talent as previously stated.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Happy Harry Arbuckle (mentioned)
- Melissa (silent cameo)
- The Pigs
- Woodchuck Berry
Song[edit | edit source]
- Woodchuck Breakdown (instrumental)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- First and only appearance of Woodchuck Berry, voiced by Bob Segarini. Woodchuck's name is a play on Chuck Berry. He sometimes calls himself "Hill Bailey", a play on the term "hillbilly" or the title character on "Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey?", but his nickname is Woody. Woody was mentioned earlier in "The Chips Are Down!".
- First time we see Cyril play the saxophone.
- The animation of the pigs riding off on their motorcycle is reused from "Surprise Attack".
- The music that is heard when Cyril is playing on his saxophone is the same music that was heard in the episode "Going It Alone!" when we see a flashback of young Cyril and in the episode "Blast from the Past!" The music could be known as Cyril's theme.
- The title of this episode is very similar to other occasions.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Cyril: Like I said, it's a little silly. Just a childhood embarassment, but I never got over it. The idea of playing in public still brings me out in a cold sweat.
- Cedric: You always told me to face up to things Pop.
- Pig Three: It's a benefit show!
- Woodchuck Berry: Yeah? Well, I've never turned down a benefit.
- Pig One: Great! Follow us!
- Woodchuck Berry: Er, who's the benefit for?
- Pig Three: Us!
(Pig Two elbows Pig Three)
- Pig Two: Er...Us, yeah. U-S. Unemployed stone farmers! Us!
- Woodchuck Berry: Unemployed stone farmers? That's a good one on me.
(After being found out by Cyril)
- Pig Two: But we were gonna surprise you boss, honest!
- Cyril: Surprise me? Then do something right! That'd surprise me.
- Woodchuck Berry: By the way Cyril, how come you just happened to have a sax in your trunk?
- Cyril: Oh that? Oh, it's my spare! Always keep a spare in the trunk!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Second Chance!/Gallery
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Second Chance!/Credits