|The Artful Dodger!|
|Season 2, Episode 6|
|Previous||Stop the Clock!|
The Artful Dodger! is the 17th episode of The Raccoons.
Premise[edit | edit source]
Bert and Melissa explore the mysterious Endless Echo Caverns and happen upon some unusual cave paintings - and a monster! After bidding $50,000 on a small painting by Henri de la Possum, Cyril Sneer learns of the profitability of the art market. The Pigs try their hand at painting.
Plot[edit | edit source]
While spelunking in the Endless Echo Caverns, Melissa and Bert discover intricate natural murals. As is customary, the Pigs overhear this and inform Cyril of the treasures to be found. From there, he does all he can to purchase them and make them a tourist attraction.
While Melissa seeks word from Professor Smedley-Smythe about the murals being authentic, Cyril swiftly closes in and makes them a tourist attraction, until he hears the murals are not worth a lot, and were done two years prior by Henri de la Possum, an eccentric genius. Therefore, we see that the excellence has an impetus while things blow up in Cyril's face once again.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- The Bears (silent cameo)
- Henri de la Possum
- Lady Baden-Baden
- Lady Penelope Banyos (mentioned)
- Mr. Knox
- Mr. Mammoth (mentioned)
- The Pigs
- Professor Smedley-Smythe
Songs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- First appearances of Professor Witherspoon Smedley-Smythe of the Evergreen Museum, voiced by Len Carlson; and Lady Baden-Baden, voiced by Bob Dermer. Also these are the only appearances of Henri de la Possum (who disappeared 5 years prior to the series), voiced by Marvin Goldhar, and his pet poodle, Reubens.
- Mr. Mammoth is mentioned and doesn't appear in this episode.
- First time we see Cyril actually swallow one of his cigars.
- Bob Dermer and Carl Banas are credited as the voices of the Bears, who appear in a silent cameo, and Schaeffer does not appear in this episode.
- Sharon Lewis is credited as Sophia who does not appear.
- Bob Dermer is not credited as playing Lady Baden-Baden in this episode.
- First time we see Cyril wear his tophat and suit.
- This episode shares the same name as the character in the book "Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist".
Quotes[edit | edit source]
(The Pigs have painted their own "masterpieces")
- Pig Two: Oh, your colored imagery is so good!
- Pig One: It's an existential statement.
- Pig Three: I thought it was a tree.
- Cyril: Ah, the secret to great art. Buy cheap, and sell expensive!
- Pig Three: Stop the presses! I've always wanted to say that!
- Cedric: (About the painting) I think it brightens up the room.
- Cyril: So does a lightbulb!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Artful Dodger!/Gallery
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Artful Dodger!/Credits