|The One That Got Away!|
|Season 5, Episode 12|
|Previous||The Evergreen Election!|
|Next||Go for Gold!|
The Pigs need cash. Something they simply can't get from their boss. The answer? Moonlight for Milton Midas, dump some odd drums in the gorge, and all of your troubles are gone! That is, if the drums weren't to land in a river that empties into the forest's waterhole. But this is no ordinary waterhole - it is part of Cyril's new ad campaign, Bert and Cedric's fishing hole at Rippling Pond, as well as home to Old Tom, the largest catfish in the area.
Bert and Cedric show Bentley their secret fishing spot, a beautiful lake which holds many fun memories for the two, and make him promise not to tell anyone about it. Cyril Sneer and Mr. Knox have apparently changed their ways as now they advocate for the environment. They've experienced a shift and take a promotional picture for their new campaign which is of the same lake which Cyril himself enjoyed as a child. When Bert and Cedric see the picture, they assume Bentley and refuse to take him on a promised fishing trip. Milton Midas lurks in the shadows and gets the Pigs (who have begun moonlighting for extra money) to be his stooges and asks them to dump some barrels of toxic waste at a particular spot. They do so, not knowing it is the lake. The next morning, Bert and Cedric find the lake terribly polluted.
Soon, we see a side of Cyril we never really have before as the Pigs admit they dumped the toxic waste into the special place. Midas is prosecuted, however the lake is polluted beyond repair. Bert and Cedric apologise to Bentley, who laments that he will now never be able to make his own memories at this once special place. The episode ends with Bert, Cedric, Ralph, Melissa and Cyril remembering good times at the fishing hole while Bentley weeps over the destroyed lake.
- The Bears (silent cameo)
- Ingrid Bellamour (silent cameo)
- Mr. Knox
- Lady Baden-Baden (silent cameo)
- Milton Midas
- The Pigs
- Professor Smedley-Smythe (gibberish voice only)
- Mr. Willow
- Woodchuck Berry (mentioned)
- Woodchuck Berry is mentioned in this episode.
- Ingrid Bellamour makes a cameo in this episode.
- The following who knew of the pond are Bert, Cedric, Ralph, Melissa, Mr. Willow, Cyril (and his dad).
- Stock footage of Bentley looking down at the lake, crying, in Trouble Shooter! can be seen.
- This is the only episode with a less than happy ending, as while Milton is prosecuted and the Pigs are forced to help clean up the mess they helped create the pond is still badly polluted and uninhabitable for years to come.
- Ain't No Planes is played at the end of this episode as we see Bert, Cedric, Ralph, Melissa, Mr. Willow and Cyril and the memories that they had at they fishing hole.
- This episode really shows how much Cyril Sneer has changed as he is seen helping the environment and he shows how much the fishing hole meant to him when he is angry at the Pigs and when he is with everyone at the fishing hole at the end of the episode.
- This episode also shows that Milton Midas is much, much worse than what Cyril Sneer had been when he was the villain in the earlier episodes of The Raccoons.
- It appears that Milton Midas could have been the new villain of The Raccoons if the show had continue beyond Season 5.