|The Paper Chase!|
|Season 3, Episode 11|
The Paper Chase! is the 32nd episode of The Raccoons.
Premise[edit | edit source]
When Ralph gets nominated by the civic election committee for his work on the standard, he turns into an egotistical jerk in an attempt to improve every aspect of the paper. Meanwhile, Cyril Sneer is elected for a business award, but his winning is jeopardized when the Bears go on strike. He leaves the Pigs in charge of negotiation.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Ralph is in line for prestigious award, but he makes life unbearable for Melissa, Bert and even Schaeffer. Meanwhile, Cyril is in danger of incurring fines for having trouble in keeping labor peace within his own company. Finally, Melissa becomes fed up with Ralph's antics and leaves him high and dry. Nevertheless, she, Bert and Schaeffer change course and help him out in a time of need. As for Cyril, his problems ensue. Fortunately, for both Cyril and Ralph, things work out in the end.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- The Bears
- Lady Baden-Baden
- Mr. Knox
- The Pigs
- Sidekick (silent cameo)
Songs[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Evergreen Standard office has many clocks set for Ottawa, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Moscow, London, Paris and the Evergreen Forest.
- According to Mr. Knox, he's won the Big Buck Award thrice before.
- Mr. Mammoth's sidekick makes an appearance at the awards alongside Lady Baden-Baden.
- In this episode after winning the award, Cyril blows a raspberry at Mr. Knox.
- "When the Sun Comes Up" is performed by both Lisa Lougheed and Curtis King, Jr. In the credits, both this song and "Run With Us" are credited to them, even though "Run With Us" is only sung by Lisa Lougheed.
- Stock footage from "Cry Wolf!" is used in the beginning of this episode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Ralph: What do you think of the Standard's new slogan? "The Standard meets the standard"!
- Bert: Well, I've heard better.
- Ralph: I'll work on it.
- Pig One: (About Cyril's bears striking) But sir, the bears provide all the cheap menial labour around the place.
- Cyril: No problem. You menials are cheaper. You can pick up the slack.
- Pig One: That's what we were afraid of.
- Melissa: Ralph, you're forgetting that the Standard was nominated for what it is. Not what you'd like it to be.
- Melissa: Ralph Raccoon, what has gotten into you? You can't treat your friends that way just because you want to win a newspaper award!
- Ralph: Melissa, I'm a professional. I've been nominated editor of the year, and if I can't depend on my staff to turn the Standard into the best paper ever printed, then...
- Melissa: If you keep this up, you won't have any staff!
- Ralph: Have you got those photos yet, Melissa or do I have to do that to?
- Melissa: They're in the camera, Ralph. I know you want the photos done properly, so you can develop them yourself!
- Ralph: Oooh! Melissa, wait! Waah- oof! (Ralph trips on an ink puddle) All right then, I WILL do it myself and it'll be the best issue of the standard ever!
- Ralph: Oh no! The paper! I must have slept right through!
- Bert: Don't worry Ralphie boy, it's all under control. Care for a copy of the early edition?
- Ralph: You mean you worked all night after I was such a...
- Bert: Pain?
- Melissa: Tyrant?
- Schaeffer: Ogre?
- Ralph: Yeah... I guess I was. I'm sorry gang. I wanted to win so badly I guess I let things get carried away.
- Pig One: But sir, they did drive a hard bargain!
- Cyril: And I'll drive you to the sausage factory!
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Paper Chase!/Gallery
Credits[edit | edit source]
- Main article: The Paper Chase!/Credits