|The Raccoons: Let's Dance!|
|Season 0, Episode 4|
|Air Date||October 5, 1984|
|Previous||The Raccoons and the Lost Star|
For the album, go to The Raccoons: Let's Dance! (album)
The Raccoons: Let's Dance! is the fourth and last of four Raccoons specials. Unlike the previous three, it was a direct-to-video release by Embassy Home Entertainment and Warner Home Video. However, The Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, and Teletoon has shown it when it was airing The Raccoons series.
It begins with Dan the Chief Forest Ranger's (voiced by the series' creator and director Kevin Gillis) cabin in the Evergreen Forest, where Julie (voiced by Tammy Bourne) and Tommy (voiced by Hadley Kay) are listening to records. However, it's getting late, so Dan comes to tell his kids to get to sleep. When they do, our attention is turned to Schaeffer (voiced by Carl Banas) and Broo (voiced by Sharon Lewis), who are still awake and watching the night sky. The two sheepdogs notice a falling star, and Schaeffer explains to Broo how people say that when you wish upon a falling star, your wish will come true. When he asks Broo what he'd wish for, the puppy replies "to be with our friends, dancing". Well, none too soon, a rocketship stops in front of the cabin, piloted by none other than Bert Raccoon (voiced by Len Carlson). Schaeffer and Broo get in the ship, and Bert takes them to a dance party in the Evergreen Forest, where the rest of the Raccoons, Cedric Sneer and Sophia Tutu are waiting. Even the Pigs and the Bears (who have shades and multicolored hair) get in on the fun.
With Bert as the DJ, the entire gang parties to Raccoons "hits". Over at the Sneer Mansion, however, Cyril Sneer and Snag (both voiced by Michael Magee) don't appreciate having their sleep interrupted and plan on pulling the plug on the Raccoons' party, literally! But it's "Bert Raccoon to the Rescue" again, and the party is saved much to the chagrin of Cyril.
The story begins with the human characters, Julie and Tommy, listening to the music, until their father, Dan the Forest Ranger, reminds them they both have school tomorrow. The kids go to bed and are soon asleep. Schaeffer, the humans' pet sheepdog and the newest member Broo stay awake and notice a falling star in the night sky. Schaeffer tells Broo about the belief that wishes can come true if they are made on a falling star. Broo makes a wish, which Schaeffer interprets as "To be with our friends, dancing". Immediately afterwards, a NASA space shuttle lands outside the cabin, piloted by Bert Raccoon, who takes the two dogs to a dance party elsewhere in the forest, with the rest of their friends attending (along with Cyril's workers).
However, Cyril Sneer and Snag aren't happy with the party, as they want some sleep, and they set about to try and stop the music. They manage to pull the plug on their party (literally) when they find out that their power supply is plugged in back at his mansion, so he unplugs it and all the power goes off, with his evil laughter echoing throughout the Evergreen Forest, but Bert manages to restore the power back on and the party is saved, much to Cyril and Snag's dismay. As the party comes to a close, Bert flies Schaeffer and Broo back home and then flies off into the night sky.
- The Bears (silent cameo)
- Cedric (silent cameo)
- Melissa (silent cameo)
- The Pigs (silent cameo)
- Ralph (silent cameo)
- Sophia (silent cameo)
- Calling You
- You Can Do It
- Takin' My Time (played for Schaeffer)
- To Have You (played for Cedric, Sophia and Broo)
- Lions and Tigers
- Friends (played for everyone)
- Shining (played during the end credits)
- Features clips from The Christmas Raccoons, The Raccoons on Ice and The Raccoons and the Lost Star.
- Only time the series' creator and director, Kevin Gillis, has voiced a character (Ranger Dan).
- When this special was produced, it was assumed that the series had already been planned.
- This is the first Raccoons production without narration. Although, it doesn't count as an episode of the show.
- The only ones who don't speak are Ralph, Melissa, Cedric, Sophia, the Pigs and the Bears.
- For this special's soundtrack release, John Schneider's vocals were replaced by Frank Floyd's (for "Calling You") and Hank Martin's (for "Friends" and "Shining").
- The title of this special is very similar to other occasions.
- This is the last special animated at Atkinson Film-Arts.
- Schaeffer: Where are we going, Bert?
- Bert: Patience, patience... you'll see!
- Bert: Okay, gang! Let's dance!
- Bert: This one is a special dedication for Cedric and Sophia!
- Broo: Woof!
- Bert: Oh, and Broo of course! Lights!
- Cyril: What in blazes is all that racket? Snag, we'll put a stop to this!
- Bert: This one I'm sure you'll remember, Schaeffer!
- Main article: The Raccoons: Let's Dance!/Gallery
- Main article: The Raccoons: Let's Dance!/Credits