|Season 2, Episode 10|
|Next||The Prism of Zenda!|
Time Trap! is the 21st episode of The Raccoons.
Cyril is afforded to go back in time and correct his previous mistakes by virtue of finding the time machine T.O.M. He experiences great success, but can this really last? As Cyril continues to rectify his past misdeeds, T.O.M. seems to be running out of strength, so perhaps his success will be short-lived. But finally, Cyril arises from his dreams and since he was dreaming, none of the great things he experienced really happened.
- The Bears (flashback)
- Broo (flashback)
- King Lion (flashback)
- Mr. Knox (flashback)
- The Pigs
- Schaeffer (flashback)
- Sidekick (flashback)
- Sophia (flashback)
- Snag (flashback)
- T.O.M. stands for "Time Observation Monitor". T.O.M. was voiced by Len Carlson.
- The Acronym T.O.M (Time Observation Monitor) is similar to T.A.R.D.I.S (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), from the BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who.
- Geoffrey Winter narrates the opening teaser for this episode.
- In the clips from previous, first-season episodes, Melissa Raccoon's dialogue, originally performed by Linda Feige, is redubbed by Susan Roman. Although, Melissa's laughing is left undubbed in the "Rumours!" flashback. Also, a shot of Ralph asking what brings Cyril to the forest is reanimated and rerecorded.
- Many of the voice credits on this episode are carried over, verbatim, from the previous episode, Courting Disaster!: Carl Banas is credited as Schaeffer and Mr. Mammoth, Bob Dermer as Lady Baden-Baden, and Rick Jones as Sidekick, none of whom appear in this episode; and Sharon Lewis is credited as Sophia Tutu, who has no dialogue in this episode.
- Bert breaks the fourth wall as the episode ends saying, "Now that's what I call 'time travel'!"
- Clips from the first season include the following: Rumours!, Gold Rush!, The Evergreen Grand Prix, Cry Wolf!, Opportunity Knocks!, Surprise Attack, and Buried Treasure!.
- Cyril spoofs a classic Star Trek catchphrase, "Beam me up, Tommy!"
- This episode is the first flashback episode of The Raccoons, the other flashback episodes are Games People Play! in Season Three, The Headline Hunter in Season Four and The Evergreen Election in Season Five.
- It appears this episode is set in 1987 because when Cyril and Pig Two are in the time machine and it starts to go backwards in time, the numbers on the wall at first says '1987' which is the year this episode originally aired.
- Pig Two: This time machine is foolproof!
- Cyril: That must be why you're using it!
(Cyril angrily throws his alarm clock out of the window)
- Bert: (last line) Now that's what I call time travel!
- Main article: Time Trap!/Gallery